Terms and Conditions
ScholarRx USER AGREEMENT
Important Notice to ScholarRx Website Users:
By entering the ScholarRx website and using its resources, you are agreeing to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please exit the Website immediately.
Terms and Conditions of Use
This ScholarRx User Agreement ("Agreement") is a contract between you and MedIQ Learning, LLC, owner and operator of the ScholarRx Website ("ScholarRx"), and applies to your subscription to and use of products, services, and other resources available through www.ScholarRx.com (collectively the "Resources"). If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, please do not use or access the Resources, and please exit the ScholarRx Website immediately.
You must read, agree with, and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement before you may become a subscriber to and user of the Resources.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on our Website www.ScholarRx.com (the "Website"). Except as stated below, all amended terms shall be effective immediately upon posting on our Website.
In this Agreement, "you" or "your" will refer to any person or entity subscribing to and/or using the Resources pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement (each one a "User" and collectively "Users"). Unless otherwise stated, "ScholarRx," "we," or "our" will each refer to MedIQ Learning, LLC, a Kentucky limited liability company.
READ THE FOLLOWING USE, CONDITIONS, AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING AND/OR USING THE SCHOLARRX WEBSITE.
License: In consideration of and subject to your payment of the appropriate subscription fee for the Resources you subscribe to, and your agreement to and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, ScholarRx grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to use and access the content posted at the Website (the "Licensed Materials") according to the Terms and Conditions set forth in this Agreement.
Term: The term of this Agreement and the license granted in this Agreement shall be concurrent with the term of your subscription to the Website ("Term") and may be terminated earlier than the expiration of your subscription as provided below.
Access: You may access the Website during the Term from multiple places, locations, and computers, but you are not allowed to access the Licensed Materials from more than one place, location, or computer at the same time.
System-Browser Requirements: This site is optimized for computer systems with a minimum of Windows XP with SP 3 or Mac OS 10.4; browsers including Safari 11+, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome; a monitor with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels; and a broadband Internet connection. Older computer systems may see slower performance. We currently do not support other computers, operating systems, and browsers such as Linux and Opera. Accessing the Licensed Materials by disabling scripting Internet options is a violation of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. When you are reviewing Licensed Materials at the Website, you will not be able to do any copy-paste operation on your computer. User understands and acknowledges that the disabling of these functions is a material infringement of the Terms and Conditions.
Ownership: Except as otherwise provided below, the Licensed Materials, including all intellectual property rights in the Licensed Materials, such as copyright and trademark, are the sole and exclusive property of ScholarRx. By indicating that you accept these Terms and Conditions, you do not acquire any ownership interests of any kind in the Licensed Materials, but you are entitled to use them according to the terms of this Agreement.
Permitted uses: Some of the content of the Website is configured in a manner that permits you to print it for your personal use ("Printable Content"). You may print out the Printable Content from the most current version of the Website solely for your personal educational use. No other copies may be made and/or transmitted. All print-outs of Printable Content must include the ScholarRx copyright notice, which appears on the Printable Content. ScholarRx reserves the right to withdraw permission to print content at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Except as provided in this Agreement, you may not print any of the content appearing on the Website.
Prohibitions: Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, you are expressly prohibited from copying, downloading, printing, transmitting, broadcasting, disseminating, reverse engineering and/or modifying any or all of the Licensed Materials. No part of the Licensed Materials may be copied for resale or other commercial use, or offered for sale or reproduced on any bulletin boards, web sites, discussion forums, Internet domains, or online chat rooms. You may not use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activity being conducted at the Website. You may not disclose or share your password with any third parties or use your password for an unauthorized purpose.
Restriction against transfer: You are not allowed to sublicense, assign, share, sell, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer your right to use the Licensed Materials. All accounts at ScholarRx are monitored for multiple log-ons. In the event that ScholarRx believes in its sole and absolute discretion that an account is being used by multiple users at the same time, ScholarRx reserves the right to terminate that account without any notice or refund. We also retain the right to sue on grounds of breach of contract, copyright infringement, and other available legal claims. Therefore, please do not disclose your account details to anyone else.
Violations: In the event that you breach any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, ScholarRx may, in its sole and absolute discretion, terminate this Agreement, your access to the Website and its provision of Resources to you without refund. ScholarRx reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for such breaches.
Trademarks: Except as otherwise indicated below, all trademarks, service marks, trade dress, logos, and other source-identifying features of the Website and the Licensed Materials (collectively "ScholarRx Marks") are the property of ScholarRx. You are prohibited from using any of the ScholarRx Marks without the prior written permission of ScholarRx.
Some trademarks belonging to third parties, such as FIRST AID,™ are used on the Website with the permission of the trademark owner. Some trademarks belonging to third parties, such as USMLE, are used pursuant to the Fair Use Doctrine for purposes of commentary, criticism, instruction, and other purposes entitled to protection under the Fair Use Doctrine. By way of example, USMLE is a trademark of the National Board of Medical Examiners, and is used here pursuant to the Fair Use Doctrine. No sponsorship or endorsement by, or affiliation with, the National Board of Medical Examiners or other trademark owners is claimed or implied by ScholarRx.
Copyright: All content on the Website, and the selection, presentation, and arrangement of content, are Copyright © 2006-2020 by MedIQ Learning, LLC. All rights are reserved by MedIQ Learning, LLC. All such copyrights are fully protected under the United States Copyright Act and international copyright law. Except as provided in this Agreement for so long as this Agreement remains in effect, the content on the Website may not be used for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written authorization of ScholarRx.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement: ScholarRx will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) ("DMCA"). Pursuant to DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted to the following Designated Agent for this site: Service Provider(s): __________ Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Jonathan Kirsch Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent: Law Offices of Jonathan Kirsch, 1880 Century Park East, Suite 515, Los Angeles, CA 90067 Telephone Email Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate such allegedly infringing material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner whose right is allegedly infringed.
Advertisements: The Website contains advertisements by third parties, and these advertisements may contain links to other websites. Unless otherwise specifically stated, ScholarRx does not endorse any product or service or make any representation regarding the content or accuracy of any materials contained in, or linked to, any advertisement on the Website.
Links: The Website may contain links to third-party websites. If so, these links are provided solely as a convenience to you. ScholarRx is not responsible for the content of any linked third-party sites, and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of any content or materials on such third-party websites. If you access any linked third-party web site, you do so at your own risk. Your use of third-party web sites is subject to the terms and conditions of use for those sites.
No warranties: ScholarRx PROVIDES THE RESOURCES AND LICENSED MATERIALS "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- ScholarRx does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or other statements made through the Website by any party other than ScholarRx.
- Other than as required under applicable consumer protection law, under no circumstance will ScholarRx be liable for any loss or damage caused by a User's reliance on content obtained through the Website, including but not limited to opinions, advice, information, or other content. It is the responsibility of the User to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice, or other content available through the Website. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice, or other content.
- The Resources provided by ScholarRx are no substitute for individual patient assessment based upon the healthcare provider's examination of each patient and consideration of laboratory data and other factors unique to the patient.
- The Resources provided by ScholarRx should be used only as a tool to assist the User in preparing for exams and for no other purpose. However, ScholarRx makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever regarding the outcome of any exams that the User is preparing to take or may take after using the Resources provided by ScholarRx.
- ScholarRx reserves the right to terminate the operation of all or any portion of the Website at its sole and absolute discretion and, if so, to limit or withdraw the User's subscription. If this ever becomes necessary, Users will pay only for the time of their subscription that has elapsed (on a pro-rata basis).
- ScholarRx will use reasonable efforts to rectify any errors that occur on the Website but does not guarantee access to the Website in case of software errors, viruses, or other natural or technical catastrophes that cannot be repaired in spite of a reasonable effort.
- ScholarRx will use reasonable efforts to keep its Website online at all times. User understands, however, that scheduled maintenance and problems out of the control of ScholarRx can cause the Website to be unavailable temporarily.
Limitation of liability: ScholarRx specifically disclaims any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise) for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Website, this Agreement, the Resources, and/or the Licensed Materials (even if ScholarRx has been advised of the possibility of such damages), including liability associated with any medical malpractice or viruses that may infect a User's computer equipment. ScholarRx's maximum liability arising out of or in connection with your use of the Resources, the Licensed Materials, and the Website, regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty, or otherwise), will not exceed your subscription fee. Confidentiality of User communications: Except as required by law, ScholarRx will use its reasonable best efforts to maintain the confidentiality of all User communications that contain personal User information and that are transmitted directly to ScholarRx. Postings by a User on any public arena, such as a message board or in any chat room, will not be protected as confidential and ScholarRx may use and disclose information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how, or other intellectual property) for any purpose deemed appropriate by ScholarRx.
Linked Internet sites: ScholarRx is not responsible for the content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Website. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Website is at the User's own risk.
Postings: ScholarRx is under no obligation to review any messages, information, or content ("Postings") posted on the Website by Users and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, ScholarRx may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Website and may decline to accept and/or remove any Postings that contain:
- Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
- Messages posted by Users impersonating others.
- Personal information such as messages that state phone numbers, Social Security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
- Messages by non-spokesperson employees of ScholarRx purporting to speak on behalf of ScholarRx.
- Messages that offer unauthorized download of any copyrighted or private information.
- Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same User restating the same point.
- Chain letters of any kind.
Transmission of personal data: User acknowledges and agrees that by providing ScholarRx with any personal or proprietary User information through the Website, User consents to the transmission of such personal or proprietary User information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with ScholarRx standard business practices.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all prior agreements, representations, statements, and undertakings, oral or written, are hereby expressly superseded and canceled. This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Kentucky, United States of America, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this Agreement shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Should you have any questions regarding this Agreement, you may contact ScholarRx at any time at info@ScholarRx.com.