NBME Exam Blueprint Changes
Frazier Stevenson, MD
In this virtual discussion, Dr. Stevenson explains some of the recent changes to the NBME blueprint for the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK exams.
Teaching Online with ScholarRx
Dr. Tao Le, MD, MHS
In this presentation delivered at the AMEE (Association of Medical Education in Europe) virtual conference in September 2020, First Aid series editor and ScholarRx CEO, Dr. Tao Le, shows how educators can teach online with ScholarRx.
Building Your Student's Foundation
Hosted by ScholarRx, this pragmatic discussion will explore applications of the innovative Rx Bricks platform, which is a comprehensive curriculum support service featuring student-centered, customizable multimedia modules. Rx Bricks are built around standardized learning objectives and continuous formative feedback.
Tricia Marriott, PA-C, MPAS, MJ Health Law, CHC, DFAAPA
Director and Chair, Associate Professor of Physician Assistant Studies
University of Saint Joseph
Mary Minto, M.H.S., PA-C
Director of Didactic Education, Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies
University of Saint Joseph
This session will highlight the successful integration of Rx Bricks to:
- Align longitudinal and formative assessment with didactic instruction
- Support ongoing learning and reinforcement of key concepts after delivery of live lectures
- Support more active, individualized, and engaged learning
- Customize the Rx Bricks to align with course objectives more purposefully
- Reduce faculty prep time
- Augment existing instructional activities demonstrating compliance with ARC-PA Standards B2.02 and B2.03 (5th Ed.)
Formative Weekly Problem Sets in USMLE-Rx
Hosted by ScholarRx and featuring Kurt Gilliland, Ph.D., Associate Dean of Curriculum, Associate Professor of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine.
Our discussion explores applications of USMLE-Rx question banks to support assessment and student-centered learning.
During this session, Dr. Gilliland will:
- Describe the challenge of providing frequent formative assessment and remediating struggling students
- Present the appropriate ScholarRx platform, and demonstrate how they used the systems and content to meet their curriculum challenges
- Discuss formative assessment outcomes, feedback, and findings
Enhancing Student Digital Engagement
Hosted by ScholarRx and featuring Andrew Crawford, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Endocrine Pre-Clinical Course Director.
This pragmatic discussion will explore applications of the innovative Rx Bricks platform, which is a comprehensive curriculum support service featuring student-centered, customizable multimedia modules. Rx Bricks are built around standardized learning objectives and continuous formative feedback.
During this session, Dr. Crawford will highlight the successful integration of Rx Bricks to:
- Enable a move to the flipped-classroom model
- Support online learning with asynchronous content prior to live lectures
- Customization of the Rx Bricks to more purposefully align with course objectives
- Reduce faculty prep time and improve assessment quality